Last summer, I signed up to volunteer at the Wallaceburg Museum. When they found out I was an artist, they seemed pretty excited! The volunteers that build and set up displays have called on me a few times for things that they were stuck with, and asked it I could tackle the job.
So far, I’ve made some non-antique lanterns and lamps look antique, and I’ve restored a horse that was attached to a small buggy, that might have been a buggy salesman’s sample. The other day they called and asked if I could put a face on a mannequin head that they wanted to use for a display. I told them that I’d come up and look at it. I saw that it was a styrofoam head, and that one of the volunteers had added a bit to the chin and ears, and brows. He thought the eyes looked too small, so had carved them out a bit.
I decided that I would take on the challenge! I think I will try to fill the eyes back in a little bit. I bought some flesh-tone craft paint, and with my other acrylics will try to make this look like a real man!
Here his is before I start working on him. I’ve decided to name him Harvey. I’ll keep you posted as I go along. Wish me luck!